Request for Proposals—Kent Central Gateway Retail Space
Portage Area Regional Transportation Authority (PARTA), 2000 Summit Rd., Kent Ohio 44240 seeking Proposals from all interested and qualified Offerors desiring to market, lease and manage the commercial units available for lease for retail, restaurant or office uses at the Kent Central Gateway (KCG) Multimodal Transit Center in Kent, Ohio. Proposals are due January 20th, 2014 by 4:30 PM. A pre-proposal conference will be held at the KCG, 201 East Erie St., Kent Ohio 44240 on January 7th, 2014 at 11:00 AM. Copies of the RFP are available through email.
For copies of the RFP or questions, please contact:
Bryan D. Smith, Director of Planning Phone: 330-678-7745 ext. 113
PARTA begins construction of KCG
Construction Photos 05-24-13
- Week 05-24-13 Terrazo Logo
- Week 05-24-13 Southwest Corner
- Week 05-24-13 Southeast Corner
- Week 05-24-13 Office Hallway
- Week 05-24-13 Erie St
Please visit this page often as we update construction photos every week to keep you informed on the progress of construction.
Kent Central Gateway
The Kent Central Gateway (KCG) multimodal facility is a planned transit center that will:
- Increase transit accessibility and emphasize multi-modal transportation.
- Be a catalyst for economic development that will contribute to a vibrant downtown that is seamlessly
connected to the university campus.
- Build upon Kent’s heritage of environmental awareness and recreational enjoyment.
- Provide bicycle amenities and be both an entrance to and a destination along the Portage Hike and Bike Trail.
- Be environmentally friendly by incorporating “green” design features.
- Be a model of sustainable development that emphasizes a diverse transportation system.
- Be a vital civic space that will contribute to the health, safety, and sustainability of the Kent community for generations to come.
The Kent Central Gateway will be located between Haymaker Parkway (SR 59), E. Main Street (Kent Ravenna Rd), and S. Depeyster Street in Kent, Ohio. This location lies in downtown Kent within one-quarter mile of Kent State University and the Cuyahoga Riverfront.
The Kent Central Gateway multimodal center will be the catalyst for an accessible downtown experience. Creating a transit-oriented, walkable, vibrant downtown will provide economic development and increase the livability of the area for residents and students.
The Kent Central Gateway will include transit bus bays, bicycle amenities, and 18,000 square feet of potential retail, restaurant, and office space along Erie Street.
In addition, private developers have partnered with PARTA, City of Kent, and Kent State University to plan for revitalization of downtown around the Kent Central Gateway multimodal facility. Fairmont Properties and Pizzuti Group plan to create over 265,000 square feet of mixed use retail, office, residential, hotel, and conference center space adjacent to the KCG.
The Kent Central Gateway and adjacent development will altogether create:
- $105 million total in public and private development
- 266 construction jobs
- 703 new long-term jobs
- $5.8 million in tax revenue annually
- A lasting "halo effect" for existing businesses and the university